Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 264 - December 21st

We still can't find this little puppy's people. She slept for two days straight but I think she's doing better now. She's eating, drinking, and pooping regularly. I decided to take her to the vet today just to make sure we're doing everything we can while we have her. When we find her people, I want her to be in the best health possible. The vet's name is Odie... I LOVE that name for a vet! It couldn't be more perfect! He has dachshunds at home too! He said she has a very unusual color and doing good. She's at 11 pounds which is good for a wiener dog. He also said she is at least 8 years old. She's also healing up from severe road rash and it almost looks like she was dropped out of a car. That broke my heart. She sure didn't like the vet or Odie, she crawled up my shoulder... literally all 4 paws were on my shoulder. He even tried to bribe her with some cheese in a can. She still didn't like him.

We haven't named her because we don't want to get too attached and broken hearted when we find her people. I just call her "Puppy". Ginger calls her "Dog". And Russ calls her, "Somebody else's dog". One thing for sure, she loved riding in the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment