Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 185 - October 3rd

It's the Tulsa State Fair!! WOW!! If the fair was this expensive when I was Ginger's age I owe my parent's a huge apology for always wanting to go and buy everything I saw. Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad we went and we had such a wonderful time. It was just some kind of mommy-special-senses that I knew it was going to be a wallet-emptying kind of day when the sno-cones were $14!!

We had a wonderful time! Remember the POTD day while we were in St. Louis where Ginger paid someone to tie her to rubber bands and throw her up in the air? They were at the fair!! They were actually cheaper than the St. Louis guys. It was as high and not as long time to jump but it was fun...twice. She almost got the flip. So close, not all the way, but closer than ever before. Ginger is soooo my child! She loves fast rides! This was the first year she rode the grown-up rides! She rode a huge swing thingy that she loved! And she rode a spaceship thing that spun around so fast you got stuck to the wall. She loved it! That's my girl!!

As we wondered around I played a silent game of, Fair Bingo. I think next year, I'll actually make a real game and get friends to play it. I don't know where "these" people come from, but you know exactly what I'm talking about don't you? Fair People. Some are the Carnies, and some just can be seen at the Fair. And there are other things that happen that only happen at the fair. Where else can you see a squirrel ski in a pool, get a foot long corn dog, or chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick? The cheesecake is my personal favorite. Or how about a vendor making his way through the pavilion and dump over his entire dolly load of fresh cooked sausage? And who can ever forget the "Fair Walk"? You know what I'm talking about right? A couple, sometimes found with donning a mullet, with their arms criss-crossed and their hands in each other's back pockets. I saw several, took a few pictures of some good ones, but this one has to be the best, or worst depending on your opinion. This man decided her back pocket wasn't good enough and had his down inside her pants. It just wasn't his fingertips either, it was a full hand in the drawers and it looked like he was diggin'. NASTY!! Oh the fair...I'm glad it's only once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment