Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 189 - October 7th

Today was a particularly difficult day. My Uncle David passed away this evening. I'm pretty much speechless and not liking this one bit. I love my Uncle David, there is no one around like him anywhere. There is so much I could talk about. I could talk about how difficult it was to find something to talk about with the others in the waiting room. I could talk about how much my heart aches for my Aunt Pam and my Dad. Or about how hard it was to watch my uncle pass on, I had never watched anyone die before. But instead I think I'll just talk about how wonderful my Uncle David was. In a short definition, he was Uncle Buck. Did you see that movie? He was fun and had the best laugh. We grew up with Uncle David going on family vacations with us. We all love to travel and he came with us a lot of the time. He used to pay me and my sister to scout out "hot babes", this is of course before he met the love of his life, Pam. He gave me my first alcoholic drink on the first cruise we went on with him. I was 14 at the time. He loved me and I knew it. He was the kind of man that called just to chat, nothing else. Too often now when my phone rings it's usually gonna be someone wanting something. Not David though, he called just to shoot the breeze. I bought my first house from him and he loved Ginger. He always had some little gift for her when we went to visit. He was there for me when I went through a divorce, making me laugh instead of avoiding me like the plague like others did. I'm going to miss this man so much. He is a part of who I am. Yep, he's part of the responsible party in making me what I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment