Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 209 - October 27th

It's the 3rd grade field trip today! I got to go this year for the field trip and be a chaperone!! HAHAHA!! They think I'm old enough to be a chaparone!! I had 4 girls in my group, one little monkey named Ginger, and three other little monkeys. And not only that, I had another dad to help with the group. Talk about easy! But they sure wore us out! I think the girls had a good time, I sure did. There was a lot of laughing and oooooooing and ahhhhhhing and we were all exhausted by the end of the day. Here's a little photo collection from our day!



Look!! Monkeys are the same size as 3rd graders!







The girls loved the elephant show! Elephants are really smart and really huge! One of the elephants picked up mud and threw it at the trainer when she was busy answering questions...she wanted more treats. The elephant in the back on the far left is Gunda. She will be 59 years old in January!



The girls also loved the momma pig and her babies. I felt for the momma pig, she laid their so patiently as the piglets nursed. What else was she going to do? These little baby pigs were stepping on each other heads trying to get their fair share of milk.



I found a huge tortoise that loved watching the monkeys on the other side of that fence. Those monkeys kept me laughing all day long!




These girls had a great time and didn't mind one bit posing for me over and over all day long!





This is my favorite picture of the day! And it's of my very own kid! She is in front of the zoo's brand new giraffe. She/He was beautiful! Very colorful and still a little skittish around people. She kept her distance. The kid's were asked to come up with a name for the giraffe. Ginger wants to name it "Brown Spots". I told her maybe I should have named her "Red Hair". I got a look. I think we should name it, Chester.

No comments:

Post a Comment