Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 50 - May 20th

Ginger got a splinter on the playground at school. When I was little the nurses would dig to the bone to get a splinter out. Now they aren't allowed to do anything but put a bandaid on it. So we spent the evening in "surgery" trying to get that splinter out, a total of about 3 1/2 minutes. I told her I used to wait until she was asleep to get splinters out when she was a baby. This splinter came out easily and she didn't even know it was out until she stopped talking to take a breath and noticed I was holding the splinter in the tweezers. I know, hard to believe she was talking so much. I think I forgot to mention on Tuesday that Ginger (for the second time in her life) lost her voice because she of talking too much. I have no clue where she gets that from. And it is just absolutely amazing that no amount of Mario Kart, tickeling, racing, or drawing affected the splinter. It only hurt when it was bedtime.

These pictures are reenactments, because I remembered after the fact that I had planned on this being my POTD. This is not an actual pained and scared face of Ginger. I know this is going to be hard to believe, but she is a bit of a drama queen and she is posing here. I know right?!?! How on earth did MY kid get to be so dramatic? I don't know where MY kid gets all the drama? I can prove it's not the actual surgical picture. The tweezers aren't even touching her and I'm posing too, I had to use my left hand to get the shot, I'm not left handed. It just looked better in the frame.

This really is a post about Ginger getting a splinter, not that we are a couple of drama queens that know how to work the camera. Really. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment