Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 114 - July 24th

Today was Uncle Mike's Memorial Service. How incredibly sad. It was wonderful to see all my family again, some I haven't seen in years. I love my family. I miss Uncle Mike. What a great man he was. I know funerals are full of fond memories and how great a person is, but Uncle Mike was really that great. He had the calmest most relaxing voice. He would give anyone anything they needed. He was truly working for Christ and putting Christ first in all he did. I am so blessed that I got to talk to Mike on the phone about a month ago, and for nothing more than he called to check on me. I am really going to miss you Uncle Mike. But we'll see you again soon, we are all looking forward to the day we can all party in Heaven. One thing is for sure, I really don't want to see Grandma cry again. That broke my heart.
Ginger had a great time after the funeral with her cousin Jenny. These two have become pretty good friends while becoming little fishies over the summer at Papa's house. They have arranged a swimming and sleepover party this Tuesday at Papa's. I wonder if Papa knows what he's gotten himself into? These are two pretty great girls that get along pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment