Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 94 - July 3rd

What a fun day! We went rafting down the Illinois River. We drove to Talequah very early this morning with Chuck and took a 6 mile float down the river. Ginger spent more time in the river than in the raft. It took us 4 hours to go the 6 miles. We saw lots of fish, and they kissed Ginger's toes. We saw turtles and a snake too. Ginger spent a lot of time behind the raft hanging on to the loop, kicking her legs, and "pushed" us through the river. Another raft passed us and they said, "You brought your own motor." I don't know how many times we heard, "Am I a big helper?" Ging was asking that over and over but only when she wasn't asking, "Can I help peddle?" (No - that's not a typo, she called it "peddle") While Ging and Russ were swimming and floating out of the raft, I got to lay back and relax in my own personal "Gondola" while Chuck paddled and sang. We had such a good time, it's definitely a do-again type of trip. Just more sunscreen next time. Ging and I are quite the lobsters now, even after applying sunscreen THREE times in the 4 hours we were out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment