Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 97 - July 6th

Back to work today, but only for 1/2 day. I had my 6 month eye check-up today, which takes about 2 hours to do. I'm on some pretty strong medicine for Rheumatoid Arthritis and the only side affect is blindness. So I have to get my eyes dilated, photographed, and thoroughly examined every 6 months. The first time I had this done, they already noticed white calcium deposits on the back of my retina. But the last time and this time nothing had changed, which is really good. No change is a good report! I'll be back in 6 months.

Tonight Mom and I went with Chuck and his Dad, Charlie to a wonderful class in Talequah. Charlie reminds me a little of my grandpa, my mom's mom. We are all taking a 10 week class to learn Cherokee. I wasn't sure if the hour drive there, sitting in a class for 2 hours, and an hour drive back would be worth it. But now I definitely think it is. It was so fun and we learned so much! I am looking forward to going back every week. I'm pretty sure I'll be fluent by the end of the class. We learned lots of words tonight, but what I remember most is below. I'm pretty sure I should be in some sort of advanced class because this is a little of what I learned tonight and a little of what my grandfather taught me years ago. My mom doesn't like me using it, I use it mainly to make her mad. It's a happy little circle.

u-s-di ta-di-gi
(Little Poop)

No comments:

Post a Comment