Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Day 155 - September 3rd

I have been waiting for this day for a very long time! My best friend from high school came back to Tulsa for a visit! Tiffany, Melinda, and I were best friends and inseparable in high school. We were always together. We had the best time and laughed constantly. Melinda lives in Tennessee now but Tiffany and I have kept up with her and have remained close friends all this time. And now she's coming to visit for a few days. We got to see her in person tonight for the first time in 2 years!! We were like teenagers all over again. Laughing, jumping up and down, whispering, and having the time of our life.

Union High School had a reception in her honor to welcome her back to Tulsa for her visit. Melinda was on American Idol Season 6 and won 3rd place. I really think she won it all, because God has His hand on her and leads her path, so winning 3rd is exactly where God needed her.

In high school, Melinda and I used to tell people that we were twins. But we weren't identical because I'm taller. I miss this girl so much! Ginger was so excited to see her and give her a picture she drew for her and some Bend-a-Roo art. Russell got to meet her too and she gave him a big hug and said, "Thank you for making her so happy." What a night! All us girls back together just like we were at the lunch table in high school. Sitting around and chatting a million miles a minute. Joy, Mom, Ginnette, and Shelley were there too! It was exactly like the good 'ol days!

No comments:

Post a Comment