Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 163 - September 11th

My mind went to many memories today as I'm sure lots of other Americans did too. It has been eight years since the terrorist attack on the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and another plane that didn't make it to it's destination because of some very brave passengers. It's just one of those few moments you have in your life when you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing the moment it happened.

I was in the kitchen fixing my 10 month old baby girl some rice cereal for breakfast. Ginger's dad was in the living room talking with her and turned on the TV. He said there's a huge building on fire? I answered from the kitchen, Where? What happened? He didn't know yet. Everything that raced through my mind on what could have happened to catch a building on fire does not even compare to what actually happened. How could anyone conceive such an idea as to crash planes into buildings? It still surprises me. Thousands of people lost their lives that day. I will never forget it. Even though I knew no one directly affected by the killings, it still affected me as an American, as a person. I pray for our country often, but today I pray just a little bit more and for different reasons.

My POTD is a quick snap-shot of a sign I see every time I go in for my Physical Therapy appointment. But today, out of the blue, I wondered to myself, " 'Commercial?' I wonder if illegal tobacco would be permitted? Marijuana maybe?"

No comments:

Post a Comment