Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 68 - June 7th

No sleep for 4 nights now. It's a flare up the Fibromyalgia. The pain is increased which keeps me from sleeping. Lack of sleep causes fatigue which causes the pain to increase. It's a vicious cycle. Russell was so wonderful, he got Ging ready and took her to church and I stayed home to sleep. I slept almost 2 hours, it was wonderful. While I was sleeping my secret sister from Bunko dropped off a wonderful present for me! A Pottery Barn organizing book! I LOVE IT! I love to organize! Ok...I love to look at organizing stuff and dream and sometimes go as far as buying the stuff, but never really get around to it, mainly because my house is too itty bitty. But wow!! Have I ever decorated every room of my next house, in my mind!

I took about a 1 hour nap this afternoon on my favorite chaise lounge chair. When I woke up Nana and Sophie were here for a visit. Ginger loved showing Nana her fancy piano playing! She also exhausted that poor little Sophie with continuous attention. I made two SoPapilla cheesecakes. One for the Germans coming to work tomorrow and one for Russell and Chuck. It has just become a rule. If I make a cheesecake for work, I have to make one for my boys too. It's so yummy and don't let the look fool you, it's VERY addicting! We actually got the recipe from Chuck!!

3 softened cream cheese
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 t vanilla
2 cans of croissant rolls
2 t cinnamon
1 stick melted butter

The cheesecake was going to be my only picture today, in attempt to get back to "Picture of the Day" not "Pictures of the Day". But I had to put this one on there too. We went in to look at Ging before we went to bed and found this on the floor. I about burst into tears with happiness. It's just one of those moments where we feel like, "We're doing a good job." She is seeing us as a family and calling Russell "Daddy" quite regularly. We haven't pushed it all and never told her she had too. She has done it on her own. I love my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment